Welcome

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Random Thoughts

So today I am just going to throw a few things out there. First; I officially think it rains too much in Nashville. I know most of my readers live in the desert and you think I am crazy. But this spring has been very wet, and I am very ready for more than one day of sun at a time. Second; the girls are eating lunch. They have managed to get themselves into a very giggly state. Which if you knew me a as a child is easy enough to imagine. Also, they think burps and farts are very funny. I am working on suppressing this natural reaction, so they can grow into adults who are very uncomfortable about it. So back to lunch. Juliana suddenly announced that she farted, followed by laughter, and then this statement, "Congratulations on your farty party." I know it shouldn't be funny, but it was very funny. I asked her where she heard it, and it was actually impromptu. Should I be worried, I don't know. They have never said anything even close to this in public. Although, we were shopping at Wal-mart yesterday and Juliana burped in front of two workers, and didn't say excuse me. It was slightly  embarrassing. Third and final; my floors haven't had a good day. First, again a lunch time, Kathryn managed to fling her full yogurt container onto the floor while she was trying to peel back the foil on top. Then because we have a very small pantry, things are very squishy. So I was pulling out the box of granola bars and the cocoa came down too. It went everywhere. It has an amazing ability to stick to vertical surfaces. I actually took a picture, and you will notice the waffle iron. I vacuumed up all the cocoa, but the waffle iron needed a serious wipe down. Did it get it? No, I figure the next time we want to use it we can do it! Lazy, I know. There you have it, three very random and unrelated thoughts from my day. 


This is the lovely runoff that we have right outside our door every time it rains.

9 comments:

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

This is my first time to your blog! It is so cute-how does everyone know how to do such cool backgrounds and everything? With any luck your kids will grow up to be uncomfortable about certain body functions:)-but that was a great story!

The Boring Family said...

Well, I must say that I would rather have rain than snow. And about the whole burping/farting thing...Morgan thinks it's funny, but she always says "scuse me!" afterward, so I'm not too worried. And trust me, I have plenty of things in my house that won't get cleaned until next time they are used! We miss you guys!

chloe said...

Your girls are so stinking cute and hilarious! I cannot wait to see them next week.

I am totally trying to suppress my giggles since I'm at work.

The Edwards said...

I seriously laughed out loud! It's great!

TeamDall said...

It sounds like you've had a great day. I'm glad that I'll have someone to sympathize with when my boys get bigger and laugh at stuff like that. Carter really laughs when Will toots. Sometimes I want to roll over and play dead:)

Are you coming out for the reunion in August?

Heather said...

Totally agree about the rain. I pretty much can't take it anymore! I was hoping for some sunshine today.

I think I am still mentally 4 years old cuz I still get a kick out of people farting(especially in public restrooms).

Sorry about your floors. That is the worst. It usually seems to happen to me when I'm trying to run out the door.

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Miles notices bodily functions and makes comments about them too. He also knows the smells associated with them and will comment (in public) about such smells and the functions they are associated with. Any time we go to a public restroom he says over and over again "poop." I just try to get in and out as quickly as possible! Of course, Hailey--at only 2 weeks old--doesn't hide any of her toots and they are loudest and proudest when we are with non-family. Kids are so honest and open about everything! As for the rain, I can't imagine too much rain here in Tucson!

Sara said...

At least it didn't snow in April. Twice. I'll take your rain. :)

Natalie said...

Love your random thoughts, Megan. Makes me miss talking with you during Primary Presidency meetings back in Bloomington. My kids are the same way - always so giggly during meal time. And don't get me started on the bodily functions!