Welcome

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Simple Things

I was reminded on Sunday that it is often the simple things that brings pleasure and amusement in life. Last week we got a big box of stuff from a Pampered Chef party that I hosted. After distributing everything we were left with a large empty box. Now, when the girls were about 1-2 years old, they loved boxes. I believed that the magic of a box was long gone, but I was wrong. On sunday morning we woke up to the sounds of them taking turns getting in the box, shutting it, and then the other one "decorating" the top. Then after Breakfast they resumed their activities, but just sitting in the box. I realized I hadn't heard a peep for several minutes only to find them happily and silently sitting in the box. So I gave them some books and they lasted quite a while. I think it was a least 30 minutes if not longer. Proof once again that it's usually the simplest of things that amuse. 

1 comment:

Mad Queen said...

Cool! We are box fans ourselves... hours of enjoyment, even for my 11 year old... good times.