Welcome

Monday, March 02, 2009

I finally caved

So last week I finally joined facebook. Steve had been on me to do it, and I had received numerous invitations from friends. So I did it. I had no idea how great it would be for my psyche. Really within 24 hours I had 100 friends. Steven was astounded at how fast my friend count rose and I was excited to check each time I got on the computer. Now if you look at it truthfully many people just added me so they would have one more friend too. They are all people I know, but it is still strange to be connected with some of them. The flip side is that I have found some old friends that I haven't talked to in several years, and we have been able to reconnect. It has been so great. It also left me wondering. Is it all healthy? Would these people have ever thought of me again if I hadn't popped up on facebook? Can I keep up with all these new additions to my friend box? Will me dreams get normal again and not include strange versions of past life? So many questions so few answers. I do want to promise that my blog will not suffer. It's still where I keep the highlights. I know, the way I've been posting makes my life seem pretty boring huh! I just haven't been real good lately. Well I need to go. Good day.

4 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

glad to see your post! i admit, i fear facebook. it seriously scares me, i'm not sure why ... i think i just don't WANT to reconnect with some people!!! you, of course, i will always be glad to reconnect with. and 100 FRIENDS in the first day!?! hands down, that has to be a record. wow, you're popular and i'm related to you! thanks for all the advice for olivia! love ya.

Britt-Marie said...

yes. I actually joined facebook without realizing what it was (my sister-in-law invited me saying that I should check out her pictures- I thought it was a photo gallery like Picassa or something :P). Now people ask to be my friend and I'm happy to accept, but then I think they realize that I never use it. It keeps suggesting friend I might know, but I don't even bother (not even my closest friend). I guess I still just prefer Emails (and blogs, yes, I'm warming up to blogging hehe).

Stefanie said...

That's funny because it has affected my dreams, too! Suddenly my dreams include people I haven't even thought of for years and situations I'd forgotten I was ever in. And I have the same question. Is it healthy?

Mamu Lou said...

That's funny, I recently (finally) caved and joined as well. You know what I've discovered? It makes me spend too much time on the computer. Yep, it m-a-k-e-s me. I'm blaming facebook and not myself.
Well anyway, I don't think I'm going to get really in to it because something tells me with the changes coming to our lives in the next few months, I won't have the extra time anyway.