Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Being a Grownup
I know, I have been a grownup for a while now, or so people say. I have children, a budget, I volunteer at the school. Today marks a new passage into adulthood for us. We are officially making an offer on a house!!!! It's a long shot, and by long I mean pretty long. But it's still a huge deal, at least for us. I remembered this morning and gave out a cheer. Steve was not so excited, I think it feels like a really huge commitment and he's not sure he's been able to see everything out there. He has a little OCD when it comes to shopping for a big purchase. He likes to see and review all options. With house buying, it doesn't work that way, because there is always something new on the market, well at least in the market as it stands now. Well there it is. We are getting all grown up. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Good luck on your big step. I hope you get a killer deal!
I don't know that this makes you all grown up... I mean, Levi and I have a house and two children and well... :o) tee hee!
Congratulations and good luck. That's really exiting. I want to see pictures. Is it in Provo?
Very exciting! Keep us updated as you hear news! Is it a bank-owned home? Good luck with the process. It can be a bit crazy, but so worth it in the end! Being a home-owner feels so great!!!
buying a house is both horrifying and exciting. i hope you get it!!!
Wow! We're almost at that point too, you two are very mature!! Congrats!
I know its scary, but we've never regretted going for it.
It definitely is the end of childhood though...
Congrats and good luck! Let us know what happens.
Very cool, I hope it works out. It's pretty freaky, but it's nice to be able to do what you want and plant what you want:)
Oh, good luck! I hope everything works out perfectly!
It is scary writing your first offer! Kurt is super picking about houses. His dad was a custom home builder and built every house he every lived in growing up. So nothing we looked at was up to par for him. We ended finding a neighborhood and a builder we liked and had a house built (in Payson). We're planning to buy again next spring in the Portland area...hopefully we can find something we can agree on!
Post a Comment