In my closet there is a pair of shoes that have been very lonely lately. I think they have something like NIKE on the side! They are very nice shoes and while they feel very comfortable when I wear them, I haven't had then on my feet for a long time. Really this is not such a surprise, the bigger news is that they ever made it on my feet in the first place. For a while now I have heard them whisper every now and then when I open the closet. It has been getting louder as I have a pair of pants that are lonely too! They deserve to be worn, but there they sit, collecting dust as I continue to ignore the shoes, and my waist ignores the pants. So today the shoes came out of retirement. I will not mention how long they were on, or how fast they got to go, but they did go. In the end, they made it farther than I thought possible so perhaps things aren't as bad as they seem. Now the trick is to keep the shoes out of retirement, the treats on permanent vacation, and eventually the pants will join the shoes. If you don't hear back, well I might have some great shoes for you!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, I have a pair of shoes like that but I wear them just cause they're comfortable- even though I bought them to be running shoes, I have yet to do any thing more than a slow stroll in them.
Glad I'm not the only woman with ambition! Now's the perfect time to start fresh--it's not too hot and not too cold yet. Good luck!
Very cute post! The best of luck to you with your exercising goals. It's not easy, but I know you can do it!!
How inspiring. I have a pair wagging their tongues at me right now.
If we lived closer we could go running/walking together! I go almost every day--andI think the trick is to just keep putting those shoes back on even when it's not appealing--because it never really gets more appealing for me--even after going steady at it for three years! Just keep going--you can do it! Get some awesome, inspiring Itunes to listen to while you're out there!
I have a book I just started reading called Chi Running. It is really interesting and hopefully it will really help with my running.
Post a Comment