Monday, December 07, 2009
Monday Morning Adventures
So the plan for this morning was to get the kids off to school, go to my water aerobics class and then putter around getting things done. First wrinkle, snow. No problem; I got up early and went to shovel the drive. Steve was getting a ride with a neighbor because of said snow, and didn't have time to shovel. The girls were excited because a neighbor lady gave them a kid sized snow shovel. So they got booted up and came out to help. About 8:00 am we were done, and I started herding everyone in for breakfast. We had already happily waived goodbye to Steven. We put the shovels away, and continued onto the house. This is when wrinkle number two comes in. The door was locked and we have no spare key hidden or at a neighbors. So I started knocking on doors. We finally found a neighbor home. She was in her rob, but she let us in. Thankfully she gave the girls some breakfast so I could at least get them to school on time. Meanwhile I called Steven so he could borrow a car and bring me keys. I got the girls off to school, then jogged in place by our door until Steve came. This is where we discover wrinkle three. He did not bring his set of keys. He remembered his wallet but not the keys. He carries them in his backpack and so that's where they were. I get in the car, and think quickly of a good plan. We'll stop by a friends house to see if she can follow us in to campus and bring me home so that Steve will at least get a minimal amount or work done before his day is over. She is glad to help, but her husband had taken the kids to school and hadn't come back. She calls him, he's on campus working, even though she thought he was working from home. I did however find out that he was coming home mid-morning to work from home. So I drive into campus with Steve, call our friend and ask to hitch a ride home with him when he leaves. He is glad to help out. I finally arrived home at 10:45 am. Then I had to make lunches for the girls and take them to school so they wouldn't starve. Wow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that was a change from the norm it sounds like! I'm glad you've got good neighbors and friends out there to help you out when you need it!
Whew! When in rains (er... snows) it pours!
Ha! That's a morning to remember. I hope you took a nap after all that.
You're better than us! We're just NOT shoveling the driveway because it won't stop snowing! I say, "Why waste the energy??" Glad you got it all figured out.
That's really crazy! At least someone else locks their keys in like I do. Remember when you and the girls were sick and he had to pick up keys and drive them over to Old Navy? I felt like a huge dork. Anyways, I'm glad it all worked out for you!
Post a Comment