Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Springtime in Utah
I get that weather in spring can be a bit unpredictable, rain sun, chilly weather. However, it is almost June so I was seriously offended Monday morning when we woke up to snow. It was rain that had just turned to snow, but it kept coming down and eventually we had snow on the ground sticking. When I came home for lunch and it was still on the ground I grabbed the camera. This is proof for future generations, this was taken on May 24, 2010.
Then on Wednesday, we had sun, and ate salad for dinner. I needed a scallion, but didn't find any in the fridge. So I went out into my garden and dug one up. I know that doesn't sound that amazing, but it was the first thing we have harvested EVER. It wasn't a huge scallion, but it was tasty, fresh, and I knew exactly where it had been grown. It was a really cool experience. after all the hard work, things are actually growing and they are edible. To commemorate the occasion, I took a few pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats on the garden! We always plant a little late (have to wait for Brian's May exam before we can work on the yard...), so nothing yet, but, all of our seeds have sprouted! Hope all is well with you guys!
Congratulations on your first harvest.
Oh, how I love that you blogged about a scallion. I would never guess that a scallion would be important in your life. I can just see Heavenly Father looking down and saying, "she gets it" And you do. Missing teeth, such an improtant thing in a short person's life--yest you get it, Megan.
Post a Comment