I said, "What"
"My tooth just came out."
She had been chewing gum, and her second front tooth just came out in the gum. Pretty funny, and a very non-traumatic way to loose a tooth.
The next episode came just before bed time. The girls were in their pajamas and were supposed to be getting in bed. I had gone out to put water on a tree. Steve came out to turn the water on, and so the girls followed. Now some background. At the end of the last school year, the girls planted little seed in cups and brought them home. Only one of the four seeds lived. Juliana's Sunflower grew and against all odds, which included not getting watered all the time. Well it got big enough to transplant and put outside in a pot. We put the pot on the back porch. As the sunflower grew, it started to grow out and then up to follow the afternoon sun as long as it could. So first it grew towards the pot side, and then it grew up. Anyways on this particular day, it had just bloomed it's first little full flower. So Juliana was out on the porch, suddenly I heard Steve say, "You just broke it." I turns out she thought she could pull it and set it straight. She tried and snapped the sunflower right at the base. Once she realized what had happened she was heart broken. It was very sad. She thought that I would be upset with her, but I just felt bad for her. She learned the hard way that you can't bend plants, or at least not most plants. Just minutes after it was broken, I took pictures. It was already starting to wilt.


No comments:
Post a Comment