Welcome

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Love And A Tea Kettle

I know that Valentines Day was last month, but I am going to be mushy about it a little today. Back in February, Steve informed me that my gift for Valentines would be arriving late, because he hadn't ordered it on time. So the week after V-Day he was gone to a conference. I was looking forward to getting a package, nothing came. He got home and the next week nothing came. I started teasing him saying that he really hadn't ordered me anything, and this was all a cover up. Long story short, a box finally arrived yesterday. In it, a tea kettle. I know, it usually isn't on the list of romantic gifts to give your wife, but I love it. I have been wanting one for a very long time. Steve never saw the need since we are not tea drinkers, but I wanted one. I grew up with one on our stove top. It was handy for boiling water for Jell-o, hot cocoa, instant potatoes, and just to get moisture in the air, and you have to love the whistle. Steve hasn't been convinced, and still isn't really. So it is a great act of love that he got it for me. He even sacrificed all his points he has earned taking surveys to get it. It's a very nice one, that should have cost a lot, but he managed to get it for free! I love this guy. Here is a shot of the lovely tea kettle. 


4 comments:

The Edwards said...

I totally understand. I grew up with one on the stove too! I love it!

chloe said...

Oooh. Love the new look of the blog. And that is what great gifts are about...when someone is thoughtful about it, even if they don't understand it. Steve is rad!

Heather said...

I think it's really pretty! I grew up with one in our kitchen too :) Very thoughtful!

Mizukawa's said...

I got one for me wedding and I thought it was so hip and I starting boiling water in it all the time. Well one day I must have turned the stove on thinking there was still water in it and I would heat it up and I burnt it all up. So don't do that.