Welcome

Monday, April 14, 2008

We're cracking something

So we were just eating dinner. Kathryn said she was cold and Steve responded by saying, "I'm Steve." He does this often and any of you who hang out with us will vouch for this. He thinks it's a funny joke. After 6 years, I have to say that I am getting a bit tired of it. That is another blog though. So Juliana said, "Dad, you drive me nuts." Then she and Kathryn were saying it, and explaining that they learned it from me.(I know not something to be proud of, but it adds to the story.) So somewhere along the way, this phrase turned into, "You crack my nuts." I know it's another one that shouldn't be funny, but it is. They mixed up 'drive me nuts' with 'crack me up'. So here is Kathryn saying, "Dad, you crack my nuts." Then she said, "Mom, do you crack nuts?" To which I replied, "I don't crack nuts." Then Kathryn said, "Why do girls like nuts?" I don't really know what she meant, but again it was funny. So I just said, "Well everyone likes nuts. Daddy likes nut and so do you. Like peanuts, and cashews." This finally took the conversation in another direction and it was over. The conversations that you have with children are priceless. It will be a dialogue that I will never participate in again. I guess these conversations make up for the ones that are the same every day. Like, "Can I have a treat?" "No, it's almost dinner time." or "I don't like this food." (This is actually one that I did hear this evening. Maybe my cooking skills need to be stepped up a notch.) Gratefully every now and then, they come up with things that are funny and refreshing, even if they are a bit off color. Since they have no idea, it makes it entertaining without being vulgar. So I hope you enjoy another glimpse into our normal, and sometimes exciting life. Here is a link that will make you all chuckle. It's more about children's eating habits than about what they say, but you will relate none the less. Enjoy!
http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/?p=1742

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That is too cute. I love the way kids mix up phrases just a little bit, making it so funny to say!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

So funny. Aren't kids great?! I love it!

TeamDall said...

You crack my nuts! How funny. Check out the picures of your parents on my blog. We had a fun time hanging out with them this weekend. I hear you're coming for Mothers Day. I hope you have so much fun! Love ya!

Da Woman said...

Meg I can't read your blog. Maybe you've already commented on this, maybe it's my freakishly slow internet out here, but all I see is the background. I love the blog. I think it looks awesome. However, I can't read it because the brown writing is on the colored dots and my eyes play too many tricks on me. Is my computer messed up? OH help. by the way, your girls are sooo funny. Imiss having you as my neighbor. Love you girl!
love
sarah

Da Woman said...

okay, i just read the blog below the crack my nuts one and i do use explorer. I'll try with foxzilla or whatever it's called. I'm trying to figure out how to change my blog to make it more personal. I love yours. HOpefully I'll figure it out.
me again

Da Woman said...

MEGAN!! Why did you change it! I loved your design on the blog. Just because I was a geek and couldn't figure it out!!! I like the new look too, but I hope that my complaint didn't change it!
Love Sarah

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

Oh man, I love your girls!! I can't wait until Madeline comes up with such wonderfully inappropriate phrases!! I guess I should be careful what I wish for!

ChristyLou said...

Okay, sooooo funny. I totally laughed out loud. I love it when these kids come up with something like that and it's so hard not to laugh in front of them. Great story!