Welcome

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Words to live by

So the girls sometimes say the funniest things. This morning Kathryn happened to mention that while she was playing with the other kids at volley ball one of the moms asked her to share and she said no. I gave her a look and then she thought she might try to change her story. Fast forward through a conversation about how they are bigger and they need to share blah blah blah. Then Kathryn says "We aren't big enough yet." My reply, "Yes you are!" Then Juliana adds her two cents with this gem, "Mom we are medium and you are way bigger than us." I know what she meant, but still the reality is that I am way bigger than them. It was just funny and I had to chuckle. Now for the next phrase that has been making me laugh lately. When they get really hot the say, "I sweat." I have tried to teach them that the correct way is to say I'm sweating but it just hasn't sunk in. I think Juliana was the first one to actually use the phrase. Usually she just says, "Mama I sweat." I am not sure why, but it is really funny. I think probably it sounds funnier in real life than it does in print though.

2 comments:

The Boring Family said...

Kids do say some crazy things. Brian is trying to teach Morgan when she wants to be carried to say, "Carry me", instead of "Carry You." Brian just plays with her and says, "You're going to carry Daddy? Can I go in your arms?"

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

Somehow I can just hear your girls saying that and it cracks me up too:)