Welcome

Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's official Almost

So this post begins in February when Steven found out that BYU was going to be hiring someone for this fall. As you can guess, since it started that long ago the story is long and involved. Some of you have heard every detail and are probably sick of the on going saga, and others have been lucky enough to have escaped it. I will recap shortly as I have an extra child today and still need to figure out a game plan to keep everyone entertained. Steve applied for the job, we waited. We got a call that was hopeful but only led to more waiting. We waited some more then we got the final call on the 14th of August. Since we have had so much time to think about this decision and all the different ups and downs of everything, one might think that we had our answer ready once they actually offered us the job. But is life ever that clear and simple? No. So we did make a decision that on the surface seemed like a no brainer, but as we pealed everything back and looked at it, wasn't so simple. We love Nashville. We love the people, city, co-workers, even the climate (I know, I never thought humidity would be a good thing for me but apparently it's not so bad after all). Lest this become the long explanation that I was trying to avoid I will spit it out. We are officially moving to Utah and Steve begins work on the 13th of October. We are very excited and very sad at the same time. Of course since this has gone the way it has, when Steve tried to fax in the official acceptance letter yesterday, their fax machine wasn't working. So as I say, "It's official, almost!"

18 comments:

Joseph and Tiffany said...

congrats! We got up to utah at least once a year. So, now we'll get to see you again! can't believe it's been 3 years...congrats again!

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

Congrats! You're moving to the land of affordable housing. :) Plus we make there at least twice a year (Logan & I are going the 2nd week of September). Let us know if/when you think about buying...Kurt's parents are real estate agents.

Cristi said...

Congrats! We're gonna miss ya around here.

Kendra said...

Congratulations! Golden works for the church at DI and the application procees was a lot like what you are going through. Before he was hired, they had ME bear my testimony to them! Good luck! I'm sure it will be nice for you to be closer to your family.

The Boring Family said...

Yay!!! I've been checking every day, anxiously awaiting to hear the final decision---Congrats! Let us know when you're coming through on your way. We can't wait to see you!

Sara said...

Wow. Tough decision. All three people I've known who have lived in Nashville besides you said the same thing when it came time to leave - they loved it!

Although I'm so excited to get to mabye see you once in awhile!

The Lewis Family said...

Congrats on the job! that's great, but like you said sad too...nashville and everyone there will truly miss you...

moving, again!?

The Brown's said...

Yea for us!!! Maybe we'll get to see you guys once in a while now. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaay!!!!!!! :)

Stefanie said...

Hooray! Maybe I'll get to see those adorable twins sometime!

Mizukawa's said...

What good news That is wonderful. But.... we will miss ya.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Hey there Megan!! Long time no see, talk etc! I miss your laugh, those were the days!! You look amazing, what a cute family you have!!! Stay in touch!
Love Dianna

Mamu Lou said...

I am happy for you guys and sad for us. Your family will definitely be missed around these parts!! Volleyball just won't be the same....

RoseAnna said...

Yeah Megan!!!! We are so excited to have you back in Utah. Hopefully that means that we get to see eachother more!! Love ya!!

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

How did I find you? Well, I found Kari Sewell's blog which has either Sara or Stephanie on hers, and it was just some blog-hopping that landed me to yours! Its been an addiction of mine to find old friends and see what they are up to! I just love this bloggin thing!

Mad Queen said...

Whoa, big news! Congrats... sounds like this is something Steve really has wanted. Wow. Good luck with all that moving and change entails... time to add another kid to your family... you know take all the CHANGE at once!

Mad Queen said...

Whoa, big news! Congrats... sounds like this is something Steve really has wanted. Wow. Good luck with all that moving and change entails... time to add another kid to your family... you know take all the CHANGE at once!

Zack, Shannon and Oliver said...

Well the people here in the East will miss you, but at least we can come and visit you when we come to Utah!! Congrats Steve. My brother and sister-in-law both just got hired on at BYU as well! Wow, they must be hiring a lot of people these days! Maybe Zack will get a job there! :)