Sunday, August 10, 2008
Natchez Trace
Well this week has been interesting. The girls and I all have HFMD. You can read up on it by going here. It is ironic. First off, adults don't usually suffer from it, and we have already had it about 3 years ago. Anyway, it's not horrible, but it is very contagious. So we have tried to stay away from others. Yesterday we decided to go on a picnic though, because we couldn't really stand to stay inside anymore. We went out to the Natchez Trace Parkway. It goes 444 miles and is a very beautiful scenic highway. We went to Songbird Hollow and that's where we enjoyed a gourmet lunch of sandwiches, crackers, grapes, granola bars, and cookies. Then we went out onto the bridge to see how far we could see. I was amazed. It's the farthest I have been able to see in one direction since we moved here, maybe even since we left the west. There are so many hills here and they are all covered with trees, so you never get to really see very far. So it was a lot of fun and well worth it. Here are some pics.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Egh! Sorry to hear that you're sick. Pete got HFMD a couple of years ago and it's not so fun. The twins and I are all sick now, but not HFMD I think, just plain old coughing, sneezing, runny-nose, stuffed-up, tired and grumpy disease!
Oh no. I was hoping the girls wouldn't get it!
Sorry to hear you're sick. But at least you got a family picnic out of it. Yeah, I love that bridge.
That wen't around our ward a little while ago. My sister happened to be visiting from CA at the time and so we spread it across three states!
That looks so fun--not being sick. I hope you all survive and that you come back soon:)
Caleb has been begging me to take him up to see that bridge for awhile now- I may have to pack and lunch, grab Drew when he's actually home and head out to do it- you have inspired me!!!
Post a Comment