Welcome

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hats

The girls have been begging me to be able to "stitch" something. For Christmas they got a couple of projects that they could "sew" together. They loved it. The activities consisted of pre-punched felt shapes, yarn and a plastic needle. So I have been trying to think of a different type of project that would create something useful and not just another thing to pick up off the floor. I remembered I had a hat loom. So when we were at a craft store the other day, I let them pick out some yarn. This weekend they each got to make a hat. They were so excited, and I was very impressed with how well they did. Here's some pictures of the final project.
Kathryn

Juliana

6 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

Wow, those are stylin'. That was a good idea. You know it's cause they want to be like their mom.

alanna said...

Ahh...cute hats. I can't believe how old the girls are!
You know how everyone you leave just stays the same age in your mind? Yeah, I still think of your girls as toddlers.
:)

Saddie said...

So cute! The girls AND the hats, of course. Fun that they would want to be creative and then bust out some mad skills. You MUST be an amazing mom!

Marie Says Yes said...

k.j. really, REALLY loves those hats.

The Boring Family said...

Yeah, I'm almost positive mine would have looked like a cat had found it. Great job, girls! You definitely have your mom's creative touch!

Jim Jiminy said...

Aimee would be proud.