Today I became a star, or at least as close to one as I am ever going to get. Thousands of people heard my voice over the waves of the radio. Last Wednesday, the radio show Car Talk called our house and I described a problem I was having with our car. It all started a few weeks ago when I decided to get on Car Talk. Steven doubted it would happen, but I gave it a try and voila it worked. I called them and left a message, they e-mailed, and said when they would be calling. Then after the call they e-mailed to say that I may or may not be on the show. Yesterday I received another e-mail congratulating me that I would, in fact, be on the show. I was caller number seven. It was fun, and really not that hard. So the lesson here is to just give something a try even if you don't think you have a chance. If you didn't catch the show and would like to, you can go to their website and download a free pod-cast, but not until after 2:00 pm eastern time today.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
A moment of stardom
Today I became a star, or at least as close to one as I am ever going to get. Thousands of people heard my voice over the waves of the radio. Last Wednesday, the radio show Car Talk called our house and I described a problem I was having with our car. It all started a few weeks ago when I decided to get on Car Talk. Steven doubted it would happen, but I gave it a try and voila it worked. I called them and left a message, they e-mailed, and said when they would be calling. Then after the call they e-mailed to say that I may or may not be on the show. Yesterday I received another e-mail congratulating me that I would, in fact, be on the show. I was caller number seven. It was fun, and really not that hard. So the lesson here is to just give something a try even if you don't think you have a chance. If you didn't catch the show and would like to, you can go to their website and download a free pod-cast, but not until after 2:00 pm eastern time today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's awesome! We're big fans (well, mostly Wade is, but I enjoy it too). I was actually listening to the show today but was only in the car long enough to hear two callers and obviously I had no idea that I should have been listening for ya. You weren't calling with brake problems or a BMW that makes a funny noise when it accelerates were ya? ;)
That's so fun! We listen to that sometimes (we really like Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me) when we're driving around on Saturday. We'll have to get online and listen to that. I also believe they rebroadcast Sat. show on Sun. (at least they do here). Anyway, good job making it on the show.
Can I have your autograph ;}
I like car talk. "Don't drive like my brother! And don't drive like my brother!"...haha their style always makes me smile and makes listening fun. I was watching "Cars" today with Miles and realized there is a scene where the car talk brothers are in it and they both say their famous line above.
And I missed it! I am a faithful Car Talk listener (I love that show, even if I'm not mechanically inclined at all), and I missed it!
Post a Comment