Welcome

Monday, May 18, 2009

I Am Me

A question. Why is it that some days who you are seems pretty good and acceptable, then other days who you are is not enough? Why the up and down? Is it really necessary? Is it inevitable? I am certain that I am not alone in my vacillation of self-love. Today is a loving day. I ran into a neighbor this morning who was just about to start a run. She trains for marathons. A lot of days I would think I should train for such a thing and get down on myself for not having any motivation to do so. I hate running really. Never have loved it, and I doubt I ever will. Today I wished her well and was glad for her, and happy for me that I wasn't training for a grueling all day event. (All day if you are me because that's how long it would take me to complete a marathon.) So I am wondering how to repeat these self-love days more often. I get a lot more accomplished and my family reaps lots of rewards when "momma is happy." Any advise? Is it just a matter a mucking through and enjoying the good ones? So I hope you are having a self-love day today and if you aren't you could write or call because I would love to hear from you.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know. I wish I knew. I've spent adulthood as a fairly self-confident person on the outside, but since becoming a parent, going through a job disaster and some other issues - the self-love days are few and far between.

Most days I trudge through. I feel like I'm not particularly good at anything - yet expected to be good at everything.

Saddie said...

i'm gonna say that the ups and downs are pretty inevitable. it's all because satan knows how "all that" you really are and knows what switches to hit to make you forget you're WONDERFUL and JOYFUL and POWERFUL. and as a righteous mother in zion, you make the best kind of target. hit you and he hits your whole family and the world around you. DEVIOUS! so next time you're feeling like who you are isn't good enough, just remember that you're a power to be reckoned with otherwise satan wouldn't spend the time. you can also remember that i KNOW you are FANTABLIAWESOME!!!!! and i'll try to remember the same when next the blues try to incapacitate me.

ack! sorry about the novel - love ya Meg! let me know if you find a cure.

Natalie said...

Good post, Megan. And so true. I can't tell if today is a self love day or not. All I do know is that I'm not in the mood to clean up everyone's messes and I just want to take a nap. Maybe after I do, I'll love myself a little more. ;)

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Awe, Megan I don't have much advice. I don't know, somedays I love me other days not so much. I think everybody's like that. It's all part of life I think. Next time you arn't lovin' yourself so much call me up and let me tell you the million reasons why I think you are awesome and amazing!