Sunday, March 14, 2010
A new look
Last spring as we were looking forward to owning our own house, one of the things I was most anxious for was to be able to actually choose color, design, etc. Since life never really goes how you plan, we are still living here in a neutral colored house. There are a few reasons for this, one being that we didn't have any time from when we had to move out of our rental place and into this house. Thus there was not any time to do any painting before all the furniture was moved in. The other main reason, is that one of us (who will remain nameless) get nervous when the subject of paint is brought up. So, last Saturday we ventured to at least start decorating one room. We chose the bathroom. Small enough to get our feet wet. The subject of paint was briefly addressed, and then quickly dismissed (after all marriage is all about compromise). We went out found matching towels, rugs, curtain, the whole shabang. It was a lot of fun. It's nice to have one color scheme and not random colored towels that were given to us when we married. So here it is the first "official" decorating in our new place. I know it may not be too interesting, but hey it's the first time I've had a bathroom that all coordinated, so it's exciting to me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Fun. I like the shower curtain.
I too looked forward to home ownership and the privilege of painting over white walls. It also took me AGES to convince Levi that painting colors was a good idea. Five years later, I've FINALLY painted most of my house (and we both LOVE it) but now we're getting ready to sell! Argh! Perhaps we'll get to the color infusion sooner next time.
PS Congrats on the grown-up bathroom and new towels!
i like it. I can't wait until the one who will remain nameless wants to paint. it does get exciting. miss you guys Julie
congratulations! You've done more than I have! I missin' you. I might me in the utah neighborhood again this summer. I need a little more Megan in my life :)
Holy cow! I have that same shower curtain! Just bought it!
Post a Comment