We have finally been getting tomatoes, and since I decided not to make salsa, we have had a hard time knowing what to do with them all. The first batch we made into spaghetti sauce and I didn't end up getting it into bottles, and processed, so it's in the freezer. Today I had another bunch of tomatoes that had to be delt with. They have been sitting on the counter staring at my for days. So I rolled up my sleeves and started in on them. We decided to make sauce again, only I found a new recipe. After all the work, it turned out really great. It was a little odd to peal and cook for most of the day and only come out with 5 pints, but I am pretty darn proud of them.
I also had to make bread today. I think I ended up doing three loads of dishes. While I was in the kitchen, Steve attacked the rest of the house. He is quite amazing and got the laundry, vacuuming, and bathrooms done. So not only do we have bread and tomato sauce to eat, the house is clean!
One more random thing. Last week I decided to cut all our pumpkins off the vine and get rid of the vine. For some reason, the vine suddenly died and was looking really bad. Since I was out there I dug up the cantaloup vine, and the watermelon one too. We learned a lot this year about gardening, and one lesson was that pumpkins need a lot of space. This year our watermelon got over taken by the pumpkin vine, and never grew anything. When I was pulling it out I found this.

A perfect little watermelon that was trying it's best to grow despite the lack of sunlight. I couldn't believe it. Too funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment