Sunday, February 27, 2011
What to say
There has been so much going on around here. But when you ask me what's going on I am hard pressed to really say. Again this week I have been brought to a realization that life goes by way too fast, and that it can all change in the blink of an eye. My aunt passed away last week and we laid her to rest on Friday. She suffered from cancer and in the end lost her battle. During her funeral, something happened to my Dad. My poor cousin had to keep talking while several people in the audience were rushing out and in. We ended up with an ambulance and a long day in the hospital. Since I am writing this, I could leave out the fact that once I left the chapel, I had a moment of hyperventilation and tears where I wasn't good for anything. I completely fell apart. My mother, cool as a cucumber had to tell me to get a grip. I cannot share what it was too look at my dad, and think that he was actually going to die. I was already at a funeral, and I couldn't imagine having to do another. In a word it was horrifying. In the end he is ok, and really there wasn't much to worry about, that they can find. Life is short. To celebrate the life I have lived I want to share some photos. We finally have everything loaded onto our new computer. Enjoy a little look back into the past.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm glad your dad is okay. I'm glad you got a new computer! I can't believe we've actually known you almost the girls' entire lives! I remember them looking that little!
when your mom told us the whole story from beginning to end yesterday, she had us laughing our heads off. she is special like that.
and you know what?
it's okay that you care that much. it's awesome that you care that much. it was a really scary moment.
dad did fine through the whole story, except hearing how much his daughter cared, and then he sat and weeped in his chair. that is what stands out the most to him.
your girls are bee-u-tiful. like their mom!
Sorry to hear about your aunt, and I am glad your dad is ok. Life is fragile, sometimes being young and in good health and having a healthy family around me I forget that. I love the pictures! Those girls were adorable babies, and are still really cute!
I'm so glad your dad is okay.
Life really is fragile.
Post a Comment