Welcome

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Windows

Today was a big day for home improvement. Since we moved in, we knew that we needed to replace the windows on the back of our house. They replaced the windows in the front for curb appeal and left the ones in the rear for us. We have been saving up and today we finally had them installed. It will be nice to have a screen on sliding doors, not have windows that rattle in the wind, and hopefully we will save some money on energy. It was interesting to watch the process, and I even found a wasp nest that was neatly trucked in between the brick and particle board by the sliding door. They must have found a little whole in the seal around the old door and had the perfect place for a nest. Yikes!!!! Here are the pictures I took to document the event.






2 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations, we are saving to have new windows too. I love that you went for the vinyl upgrade from the metal.

Saddie said...

Oh so jealous! :) Our windows are SO drafty and some are even single paned! But where to start - so many projects so little time/money/patience. But I'm sure you don't know anything about that ;)

I'm hoping the wasps nest was uninhabited. *shiver* I can handle mice, snakes, etc. but wasps give me the willies.