Monday, January 02, 2012
Happy New Year!
I figured I ought to start out strong and actually post something early this year. I know it is over said, but 2011 went by way too fast, and ironically very slow at times as well. We talked about some goals with the girls tonight. It's a new year, that's what you do right??? This time of year is refreshing and stressful all at the same time. I find myself swinging wildly from anticipation of what the year will hold and all the great things that will come about, and terrific amounts of doubt that I will be able to get to even a small portion of the things that I would like to. I make my goals, every year, and then December 31 rolls around and a lot of said goals are still not accomplished! I know it's not the end of the world, just a year, but man I sometimes wonder what I did all year!! So I have a question for my last 3 readers who still follow me. What sort of feelings are brought out for you at the beginning of a year???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I used to really hate the time around new years--always felt too uncertain--but now I actually enjoy it. Lots to look back on with gratitude, plus I've learned it's no good trying to do impossible things, so I usually just resolve to be better every day then I was the day before, and love myself for trying.
I'm conflicted at this time of year, as well. I'm all excited to make this the most organized, most spiritual, most healthy year ever. But I'm also stressed out by all the pressure I've put on myself - makes me want to rebel and toss all the goals out the window. Still trying to find that happy medium between "better" and "manageable," since I'm barely keeping my head above water with what's on my plate already.
I have been pretty exhausted the last 8 months since Clay was born and recently started having migraines a lot. It was a wake up call that I might be running faster than I have strength... So, this year my goals are different. Most years my goals are focused on doing doing harder things that take more effort and energy. This year my goals are very simple and focused on regaining my strength and energy. They include to get 8 hours of sleep a day, do simple exercise each day (most of the time I just take a walk while the kids ride bikes and Clay's in the stroller), and take time to relax every day...that's it! It sure is different than I am used to, but it's good. Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment