Welcome

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

S'MORES

I have been reminded just how wonderful a roasted marshmallow tastes. Today we grilled for dinner and I figured that since the coals were going to be hot we shouldn't waste them. So I ran to the nearest store for some marshmallows and chocolate. I think it's actually the girls first s'more ever. Sadly enough we haven't had them a lot since being married. My neighbor mentioned that she always makes them in the microwave, but that wouldn't be the same.
After enjoying a s'more I roasted a marshmallow and just ate it. Wow! I had forgotten how good they really are. It's a good thing we are not sitting around a fire pit because I would probably eat way too many. As it is, Steve just spread out all the charcoal so that it can cool, and to tell the truth it's chilly outside and my sweaters are all upstairs. So this is just a small tribute to the marshmallow and the great out doors. I hadn't thought about how long it's been since I sat around a camp fire until tonight. I think the last time I did was when Steve and I were first married. It's been way too long. Well that's all. The girls need to be wiped down, and put in bed. If you haven't roasted a marshmallow lately, do it, you won't regret it.

No comments: