
Ah the things that my children say. It's amazing to me that they can say the sweetest things that you never forget. On the other hand, things come out of a childs mouth that can really take you by surprise. Two examples. Friday morning Steve was getting ready to go to work. He was just outside the door checking his bike. Kathryn was hunched down, watching him. I happened to overhear something she said. As she watched him she said, "Daddy when I grow up, I want to be just like you." I had to smile. She was being completely honest and sincere. It was one of those moments of parenthood that make all the other ones worth it. So my second example came the nest morning. Steve had to get up early to go on a bike ride with the young men. The rest of us got up and I was in the process of trying to get the girls to the table amidst their complaints of wanting to watch tv, when the phone rang. Steve had a flat and didn't have any spares so he needed me to come and pick him up. He hadn't made it too far before he realized that he was loosing air, so we only had to go a little ways. So I switched gears and told the girls to get their shoes on so we could go. That's when Juliana decided she actaully was hungry and did want to eat breakfast. Forget about the last 10-15 min when she didn't. I got them both in thier room getting shoes on, when she gave me a speech that started like this, "Mommy, you're a mean mommy." She continued explaining why she thought this. "Mommys are supposed to teach their kids how to get to the table but you don't you just count. Good mommys teach their baby how to get to the table." I did counter with the fact that she was a big girl and already knew how to get to the table, but that wasn't a good excuse I guess. It was humorous and someday when her little girl says something similar I will have to chuckle. Anyway they do "say the darndest things."
1 comment:
How fun! I cannot believe how big your little babies are. And you look fantastic!
Post a Comment