Steven explained that it was for making aebleskiver, which are Danish pancakes. I was a little skeptical, but excited to try something new. As a little side note, since receiving this gift I have discovered that my family has known about, and been enjoying this type of delectable cuisine for some time now without sharing it with me! Anyways, back to my story, Steven had not only found the pan, but of course he had found the ultimate recipe, or the closest he could to make the ideal aebleskiver. (He is a librarian and he can't leave any stone unturned) Well we finally got the chance to make the danish pancakes on Friday night. They turned out very good, and I ate way too many. The next time you come to visit we will make you some. I am hoping that a bribe might tempt at least one of you enough to actually come and see us! Here are a few pictures of our aebleskiver meal and preparation. If you are interested in making them, you first must find the pan, then I will be happy to share our recipe!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Aebleskiver
In case you are wondering, that is a real word. I have been told that it is Danish.
Whatever the origins, I am very happy that they were invented. To start at the beginning, which as we know, is a very good place to start...on Christmas morning one of the gifts I opened looked like this-------->
Steven explained that it was for making aebleskiver, which are Danish pancakes. I was a little skeptical, but excited to try something new. As a little side note, since receiving this gift I have discovered that my family has known about, and been enjoying this type of delectable cuisine for some time now without sharing it with me! Anyways, back to my story, Steven had not only found the pan, but of course he had found the ultimate recipe, or the closest he could to make the ideal aebleskiver. (He is a librarian and he can't leave any stone unturned) Well we finally got the chance to make the danish pancakes on Friday night. They turned out very good, and I ate way too many. The next time you come to visit we will make you some. I am hoping that a bribe might tempt at least one of you enough to actually come and see us! Here are a few pictures of our aebleskiver meal and preparation. If you are interested in making them, you first must find the pan, then I will be happy to share our recipe!


Steven explained that it was for making aebleskiver, which are Danish pancakes. I was a little skeptical, but excited to try something new. As a little side note, since receiving this gift I have discovered that my family has known about, and been enjoying this type of delectable cuisine for some time now without sharing it with me! Anyways, back to my story, Steven had not only found the pan, but of course he had found the ultimate recipe, or the closest he could to make the ideal aebleskiver. (He is a librarian and he can't leave any stone unturned) Well we finally got the chance to make the danish pancakes on Friday night. They turned out very good, and I ate way too many. The next time you come to visit we will make you some. I am hoping that a bribe might tempt at least one of you enough to actually come and see us! Here are a few pictures of our aebleskiver meal and preparation. If you are interested in making them, you first must find the pan, then I will be happy to share our recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have had those before. They are delicious! Just didn't know what they were called.
that looks yummy...i like your glasses
LOVE the glasses! Those sound yummy. Going to have to visit one of these days - just discovered that another old friend lives in suburban Nashville ... I miss the east!
It's so funny, but I had a dream with you and your aebleskiver in it last night. I don't know where it came from, maybe I was hungry for your cooking! See you tomorrow...
yummy!
I LOVE aeblskivers! I grew up having them every Saturday morning. I'm trying to get my mom to give me her pan, but she won't budge! I have seen one for about $30, but can't spend that much on one. Keep enjoying them, they are so yummy!!!
It's Natalie Hoopes, by the way. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You look soooo good, and I hope you don't mind if I check back again!
At our ward visiting teaching conference last Saturday we had Samoan pancakes...they look awfully close to the ones you've made!
Post a Comment